Public Forums Talk Boxes Private Messages Live Chat Social Games

For Mods: reviewing my account activity

Posted: 10:10PM Jun 27, 2019
Avatar for NoComment NoCommentgus

I do not understand what the data under "Review Account Activity" and "Successful Logins" means. There are several rows of information, yet all rows have the same IP address under "IP Number." Also, I have used Braingle from several different devices. I do not understand why the IP addresses are all the same. Please help me understand.

Sometimes I just want to be a mild-mannered employee, mean Boss, or cunning Rat. Other times I'd rather be the baddest wolf hunter or wolf (or seer) there is! It all depends on the day.
Posted: 07:40PM Jun 29, 2019
Avatar for bluegrasss bluegrasssAusmod
Perseverance

Couple of questions:

Do you use a Wi-Fi device in your house/apartment?

Do you log in at public domain (library, cafe, a internet hot spot, college?

1st The Failed Log-ins show a IP address that you tried, but was unsuccessful at.
2nd If you answer yes to the above question(s) under Successful Log-ins it would show the same IP address all the time. Example: if you use a home Wi-Fi and log in from different computers through out your house it would still show the same IP address, because your still hook to the same connection for the Wi-Fi to connect to the internet.

Same is true for true if you use a same public domain to connect to the internet.

Hope this helps some.

Mod Bluegrasss

To all the survivors out there, perseverance does pays off, little by little. JHS
!
Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Braingle Chat
Online Now
9 users and 565 guests

Enter the Live Chat Room
Get Your Free Braingle Account
  • Submit your own brain teasers
  • Vote on puzzles and track your favorites
  • Chat with other smart people
Copyright © 1999-2019 | FAQ | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise | Braingle Time: 4:41 pm
Sign In Create a Free Account